Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Hartley

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Stacey

Stacey Report 7 May 2007 05:59

David George Hartley I am looking for my Grandfather, David George Hartley, b 4.05.1919 (according to army records) in either Swansea, England or County Cork, Ireland (on marriage certificate to my Grandmother). His father was also David George Hartley and his mother was Patricia Dupont. He enlisted in the Australian Army in 1940 in Adelaide (not sure when he arrived in Oz), married Audrey Edith Greg, had a daughter, Pamela Frances Hartley on 31.08.1942. He left his wife for my Grandmother, Linda Gladys Gray, had my mother Coral Irene Thelma Hartley b 28.04.1944. They later married on 21.02.1945. Marriage was enulled and he was sent to Boggo Road Gaol, Brisbane, Australia for bigamy. My mother's sister, Gwendalyn Louise Hartley was born on 29.04.1946. My Grandmother ceased all communication with David Hartley when he was sent to prison and made out that he died in the war. We didn't find out the truth until my Grandmother passed away 40 years later. This has been a long and frustrating search just finding out this much. If you think you know of any of the above please contact me on [email protected]. Regards, Stacey