Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Hartley

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Heather

Heather Report 19 Feb 2007 18:48

Hi I am trying to find my family, my mother died at the age of 36 1974. My grandmother Ellen Hartley (nellie) married my grandfather John Holland in 1930. Their daughter (my mum) was born 1937 Sylvia violet holland . Married my father Kenneth Farrar Holmes 1959. In 1961 Steven Farrar Holmes and 1965 Heather Ann Holmes was born. My mother family came from Nelson Preston Lancs.My dads Leeds. Ellen Hartley had a sister Eveline King which I have been told moved to Hatfield, Salisbury, Rhodesia who died in 1973. I have found a couple of letters from a lady called Jennie Mills, who lived Nahoon East London South Africa, she mentions eve in a letter. If anybody can help me would be greatful, as a part of me feels missing. Heather

Jonathan

Jonathan Report 9 Apr 2008 15:42

I have recently found reference to a Jennie Mills (ne Bickford) who had married a Sydney Mills in West Ham.

Their neice was a Winfred Ruby Lambert who, after marrying, moved to Africa in 1951 and then South Africa.

Since Winifred was close to her aunt Jennie Mills it is possible that Jennie may have either moved to or had visited South Africa however you have not mentioned dates and, as any move or visit to South Africa may not have happened until late 1950's the date of any correspondence may not match.