Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Hartley

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bethney

Bethney Report 20 Jan 2007 02:18

HARTLEY'S WIGAN LANCASHIRE 1816 TO ? Trying to find information on the following Hartleys, Thomas born 1819 Elizabeth wife(nee Boardman) children James 1838/9 Joseph 1841 Ellen (married James Prescott) Richard 1854 and my great great grandfather John 1847 married Ellen Mather children Elizabeth 1865 John 1868 they were all from Wigan Lancashire. my grandfather left England when he was about 12 years old with his father John presumely born 1846 and they went to New Zealand. John junior's sister went to live with her Aunt Ellen Prescott and lived in no2.Prescotts Yard Wigan on the 1881 census. If anybody can help me with details of any of these relatives in Lancashire it would be very much appreciated especially John senior 1846/47/48 actual birth records and Thomas 1817/18/19 death records. Have had so much help already to get this far. Regards Bethney nee Hartley