Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Hartley

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marion

Marion Report 4 Jun 2006 14:06

I am trying to find my Grandmothers place of birth,The name on her marriage certificate says Maria Harriet Hartley. Fathers name James Hartley .1901 census says born Grimsby but I can,t find anywhere on sites I have looked on her name.in 1881 she was working in Huddersfield area as a domestic,this again shows her coming from Grimsby.My Father said she was from Cleethorpes area.I dont know where to look.Age in 1881 census says age of 22yrs.marrige certificate in 1893 says 28yrs,1901 cencus says age 30yrs. What age can I believe is correct? I am shouting Help me Please Marriage certificate say Maria Harriets Father James Hartley was a Sea Captain. Marion