Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Hartley

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Judith

Judith Report 25 Feb 2004 20:19

Mary BROWN/HARTLEY Seeking details of my Grandmother, Mary Brown, born c1905 probably in the GATESHEAD area. Married Thomas Hartley in Gateshead Register Office 31/12/1926. Address given as 9 Collingwood Terrace, Dunston, Whickham. Fathers name given as Matthew Brown. Mother believed to be Louisa, possibly nee CHRISTOPHER. I know she went on to have four children, Kathleen 1928, Joyce c1930, Margaret 1936 (all born in Gateshead), and Brian (born Carlisle) 1942. She was living in Carlisle around 1940 - 1953, then she left to return to the N.E. alone. She died in the late 70's, I dont know where. Any information would be very welcome, I seem to have been facing this brick wall for ages. Judith