Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Frederick Hayward Born Circa: 1885

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 4 Feb 2008 20:41

Frederick Hayward who married Mary Nicolson.

He was born in Liverpool, she was born in Portree; Skye on Jan 8 1887.

They had 2 children; Frederick and Christina (mygrandmother).

Thank you!

Lewella

Lewella Report 4 Feb 2008 21:12

This is the only one I could see. Have you purchased the marriage certificate to obtain Frederick's father's details?

1901 England Census
about Frederick Hayward
Name: Frederick Hayward
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1889
Relation: Son
Father's Name: Joseph
Where born: Liverpool, Lancashire, England

Civil Parish: Bootle Cum Linacre
Ecclesiastical parish: St John
County/Island: Lancashire

Street address: 109 Olivia Street

Registration district: West Derby
Sub-registration district: Bootle
ED, institution, or vessel: 3
Neighbors: View others on page
Household schedule number: 188
Household Members:
Name Age
Frederick Hayward 12
Joseph Hayward 37 (widowed)
Joseph Hayward 11
Julia Hayward 38 (Joseph's single sister)
Thomas Hayward 9

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 13 Feb 2008 18:02

I think you found him..nice work and thank you.

I do have the marriage certificate and it is dated December 27 1912 in the District of HILLHEAD in the BURGH of GLASGOW.

Father's name was indeed Joseph and Fred was in fact born in Liverpool albeit I was told Merseyside. He was by trade a saddlemaker/leatherworker. I assume that is the same thing as a coachmaker.

On the marriage certificate it is difficult to make out his mother's name, seeing it is all handwritten. I have translated it to be "Tracey" but do not know if that is the first name or the maiden name. Also at the time of the marrige his mother was in fact deceased as it states on the marriage certificate, and it shows she was also deceased at the time of this census. Makes me wonder if she died close to after Thomas's birth.

OR.... given the way Thomas is listed, under Julia's name, could it be that Thomas is actually Julia's son born out of wedlock. I say out of wedlock because she is listed as SINGLE not as a WIDOW.