Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Hayward

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 14 Feb 2007 22:17

I am now researching my husbands side of the family. His great granfather was Charles Albert Hayward died 17th Nov 1937 and Great grandmother Mary Letitia (nee ?) Hayward. I think Charles was probably married twice. On the newspaper cutting of Mary Letitia funeral it stated her sons names Sid ,George,and Harry.The home address was 14 Hethersett Road Gloucester(could be by Jersey Road) Mary died 6th July 1938. Daughters were Eva, Doss,Stella Step Children were listed at the funeral -as follows( Alberts children from first marriage)? Mrs Watkins Mr S Hayward Mrs Purveur Mrs Turk Mrs Harrison-who i think must be my husbands nan (Dora Annie-DOB 19TH JUNE 1896) i know that Dora Annie had sisters called Elsie and Edith..On 1901 Census i have found Dora Annie with i think her birth mother and Charles A (her father) and other siblings.Think i am getting a bit muddled trying to establish if this info is correct. Dora Annie (nee Hayward) married Harry Harrison and had 5 children Bert Doug Dennis John and Dora. Would be nice to see if any connections in other trees ,i am trying to find out any info about Charles Albert and the other family members.Can any one help please!!

Susan

Susan Report 25 Oct 2008 23:16

HI Julie
I have some info on Charles Albert Hayward that may be of help to you. Co-incidentally, he was my husband's great grandfather too. He descends through Elsie May Hayward. I think she must be the Mrs Purveur that you mentioned from the newspaper cutting. She married Gilbert Purveur, and one of their sons was Norman Purveur, who is the father of my husband Alan.
Please do get in touch and we can compare notes. It seems we may even be related.
Regards
Sue Purveur