Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Hayward

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jill

Jill Report 4 Dec 2003 23:43

Trying to find any relatives of a John Hayward who on 18th September 1920 married Alice Mary Thomas in the Primitive Methodist Chapel, Vicar Street, Dudley. John's profession was a farm labourer at Bettenham Farm, Biddenden, Kent and he was aged 29 making him born sometime in 1891. According to the marriage certificate John's father was Edward Hayward also a farm labourer. By the time of Alice Mary's death in 1947, John had changed profession and was a merchant marriner. Alice Mary Thomas was my mother's mother. She was born in October 1890 in Dudley, West Midlands. Her father was Robert Thomas of Ruabon, Denbighshire. Alice Mary Thomas appears to have been married to John Hayward for at least seven years and had a daughter to him (Doreen Margaret 21.7.1921-21.12.1981). In 1927 Alice Mary had a son Ronald Henry Price, another son Robert Arthur Price in 1930 and my mum, Joan Ivy Price in 1931. When she met William Henry Price (my grandfather) we don't know and according to her death certificate officially she was not married to William Henry although she was known as Alice Mary Price. Any information would be gratefully received.