Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hilton's of Wolverhampton

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

April

April Report 13 Feb 2008 13:36

I am looking for relatives of James (b 1819) and Eliza Hilton (nee Paterson b1826 ). They lived in Wolverhampton and wider Staffs. Their children were: Annie, James and Albert and there may have been others. I think their was also a neice or grandchild called Florence Hilton.

Hope to hear from anyone with any info

♥Deetortrainingnewfys♥

♥Deetortrainingnewfys♥ Report 13 Feb 2008 13:46

April

Have you tried contacting the Wolverhampton Archives offices, they may look things up for you if you can't get in and visit.

www.wolverhampton.gov.uk/leisure_culture/libraries/archives

If they can't look things up for you, they may give you some pointers. I have found them to be very helpful.

Dee

Alan

Alan Report 23 Feb 2008 14:18

In the 1800s the movement of people from the Agricultural areas to the Industrial areas was needed for manpower in the Industrial Revolution.
My Hiltons moved from being Carpenters in Lincs, to Miners and Glassblowers in Doncaster via Derbys.
Do you think your Hiltons were always from Wolverhampton ?

Alan Hilton