Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hiltons of Rushden, Northhamptonshire

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Eleanor

Eleanor Report 14 Sep 2008 01:07

I am trying to locate descendants of the family of Jane Frances (COOK) HILTON b. 1849 and James Hilton (b. 1855 in Sharnbrook, Bedford). Their children were Thomas Charles Hilton (1878-1974) who married Mary Edith Pacey in 1906; Frances Elizabeth Hilton (1882-1943); Janet Annie Hilton (1885-1965) and Evelyn Helen Hilton (b. 1890) who possibly married Leonard Waring. All the children, except perhaps Evelyn Helen whom I have lost track of, were buried in Rushden.

Eleanor Stardom
Canada

Diddydoris

Diddydoris Report 14 Sep 2008 01:42

Marriages Dec 1921
>>>Hilton Evelyn H Waring Wellingbro' 3b 397
Walker Cornelius E Ward Wellingbro' 3b 397
Ward Ellen R Walker Wellingbro' 3b 397
>>>Waring Leonard Hilton Wellingbro' 3b 397

Births Dec 1929
Waring Edna Hilton Wellingbo' 3b 150

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 14 Sep 2008 01:48

Hi Eleanor!

Go http://www.freebmd.org.uk

and search for births with surname Waring and mother's surname Hilton (don't use any date or place criteria). There's a birth in 1929 registered in Wellingborough. You'd need to check the image for the registration details. The birth cert would give you the mother's complete birth name, so you would know whether this Edna Waring was a daughter of your Evelyn Helen Hilton.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 14 Sep 2008 01:49

Too slow with the checking again. ;)

I imagine DiddyDoris, like me, also checked for children of the other children with no luck.