Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Jean Williams

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jean

Jean Report 22 Apr 2005 14:02

Hi, I have been trying to trace my natural father. His name is Ernest Hilton and was at one time married to Marjorie Hilton nee Reddish (my natural mother-now deceased) who originally came from Derbyshire. I do know he was in the army catering corp during the second world war. I have been told they first met in Buxton where my mother was a nursery nurse. I was born in the Oldham & District General Hospital in 1944. It would be greatly appreciated if any one knows of him or his family. I was adopted in 1948 and am now known as Joyce. It would be wonderful to know of my ancestorial history on my dads side of the family. I have traced everyone on my mums side and it has been a truly wonderful experience for me and from growing up as an only child I now have a whole new family sisters in Canada a brother in Australia and lots of cousins up North. I also got to be best friends with my mums sister Nellie who sadly passed away but for the last ten years she was 'quite simply' my best friend. Please get in contact if you think you can help no matter how small. Thank you.