Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Hilton

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Richard

Richard Report 10 Nov 2005 05:58

Hi, I'd like to trace descendants of the Hilton/Neville family of Wigan, Lancs. All I know - Richard Hilton had at least two sons, John Thomas Hilton born about 1867 and Henry Hilton in 1869. John T. Hilton married Emma Neville (nee Seed) in 1891. Henry married Mary Alice Neville (Emma's daughter!) in 1893. Emma Neville is my great-grandmother. John T. Hilton and Emma had at least two daughters, Annie and Ellen. Annie married Thomas Howarth in 1914 - they later had daughters - don't know about Ellen. Henry and Mary Alice had kids Alice, Mary Alice and George W. Hilton between 1893 and 1898 At various points the family ran the Commercial Inn, Platt Bridge, Ince and the Railway Hotel, Lower Ince. All/any help appreciated. Thanks, -Richard Lane