Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Hilton

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andrew

Andrew Report 29 Jul 2005 21:32

hi i am looking for descendants of Martha Alice Gaskell and John Hilton. This is as far as i have got. Descendants of John Hilton Generation No. 1 1. JOHN1 HILTON was born 1873 in Upholland, Lancashire. He met MARTHA ALICE GASKELL May 9, 1894 in The Wesleyan Chapel, Wigan, daughter of SOLOMON GASKELL and NANCY PARKINSON. She was born Abt. December 1871 in Pemberton, Lancs, and died Bef. 1937. Notes for MARTHA ALICE GASKELL: 1871 DEC WIGAN VOL 8C PG 103 Marriage Notes for JOHN HILTON and MARTHA GASKELL: 1894 Marriage Wigan District vol 8c pg 164 Children of JOHN HILTON and MARTHA GASKELL are: 2. i. MAUD2 HILTON, b. Abt. June 1895, Pemberton. ii. ETHEL HILTON, b. Abt. 1897, Pemberton. Notes for ETHEL HILTON: 1918 Marriage qe sep William F Roby Wigan vol 8c pg 22 1920 Marriage qe March John Pepperd Wigan vol 8c pg 238 3. iii. JOHN HAROLD HILTON, b. May 27, 1899, 4 Liptrot St, Newtown, Pemberton, Wigan, Lancs. Generation No. 2 2. MAUD2 HILTON (JOHN1) was born Abt. June 1895 in Pemberton. She met GEORGE LLEWELLYN UNSWORTH Abt. September 1918 in Wigan District vol 8c pg 227. He was born Abt. 1895. Notes for MAUD HILTON: 1895 Wigan June vol 8c pg 157 Child of MAUD HILTON and GEORGE UNSWORTH is: i. GLADYS3 UNSWORTH, b. Abt. June 1920, Wigan District vol 8c pg ????. 3. JOHN HAROLD2 HILTON (JOHN1) was born May 27, 1899 in 4 Liptrot St, Newtown, Pemberton, Wigan, Lancs. He met ESTHER GOULDING Abt. December 1920 in Wigan District, vol 8c pg 235 Independent Methodist Chapel, New Springs. Notes for JOHN HAROLD HILTON: Births 1899 qe June WIGAN vol 8c pg 148 1899 Child of JOHN HILTON and ESTHER GOULDING is: i. RONALD3 HILTON, b. Abt. September 1922, Wigan District, vol 8c pg 95.