Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Hilton

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rita Anne

Rita Anne Report 10 Apr 2005 06:58

Trying to find parents or other relatives of my Grandfather Richard Henry Hilton who appears to have lived in various places in the North of England. Definitely Burtonwood, Ashton in Makerfield where he had a Public House called the Gerard Arms - could also be a connection in Wales. Richard Henry had three sons - Harry, Fred (my Father) and one other who died youngish. Also two daughters, Alice and Elsie. Richard Henry married Elizabeth. (do not know her maiden name.) Any assistance would be appreciated. RITA ANNE HILTON

Violet

Violet Report 12 Apr 2008 16:47

As your message is old, I doubt that I will get a reply but my great grandfather was called Richard Hilton and I beleive he was born in Ashton In Makerfield in 1850. My grandmother was Sarah Hilton who married Charles Simpson in 1909 age 21. I am trying to trace other info on Richard and not having much luck. He had a sister Anne and I believe a brother Thomas.I would appreciate any help you can give me.
Regards,
Elaine