Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Emma-Beth Ledger

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Emma-Beth

Emma-Beth Report 13 Jun 2004 19:22

My Grandfather was called Pierre Francois Everage Huet, he had two brothers, Jules and Guy, his Father was, I believe was named Rene.
The story goes that Rene was born in France to a well to do family, he however ran off with an English dancing girl from the follies,(One of Miss Bartrams dancing girls) have found her name was Frances |Violet Hampton, and was disinherited and disowned from the family. The family eventually ended up in Brighton.

Does anyone know about this story who is related to a Huet? As I would be interested to find out the truth rather than just thinking it is an old family tale.
As we lose touch with family members the story gets more distorted and it would be a shame not to be able to pass down the real version of events!

Thanks
Beth