Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

William Hughes

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tracy

Tracy Report 11 Aug 2010 17:30

William Hughes b 1845 in Llanasa Wales. m Margaret (Jones?) cross referenced to St Asaph, Denbigh, Rhyl in JFM 1873. Possibly d JFM 1910. They had 9 children called Eliza, Sarah both born in Crewe then Mary, Richard, John, Thomas, Benjamin, Hugh, Robert and Maria. I have info on some of them from censuses etc but not sure on Williams whereabouts before he got married. Found some info which suggests he was a lodger in Mancester in 1861. But then in 1851 when he was 6 was living in Liverpool with his parents Irwin? and Mary A and 3 siblings Mary A, Richard, John, William and Irwin or David?
If anyone can confirm this info or give me more please let me know,
Many thanks

patchem

patchem Report 11 Aug 2010 17:35

Have you got William's marriage certificate with his Father's name on it?
Have you got one of the children's birth certificates for parents' names?
Thanks.

Tracy

Tracy Report 11 Aug 2010 17:50

No I have but I think I will have to get one of them, I forgot to say the other children were then born in South Hetton, Durham.

Tracy

Tracy Report 7 Sep 2010 20:27

Have now got the birth cert for Richard which states William Hughes as the father a coal miner and Margaret Hughes( formally Hughes) as the mother. I have now got a marriage cert for William( a stacker) and Margaret 27th June 1874 St. Paul Crewe which I found on a reconds website for that area.
I have no idea how to verify this is Richard's mother and Father as I cant find any record of this marriage listed on here??
Any ideas

Tracy

Tracy Report 7 Sep 2010 20:43

Thanks, it was the connection to William and Margaret that I wanted to confirm.
As above Richard had 2 sisters that were born in Crewe and I couldn't find a connnection to any other William and Margaret in the Wales area where they orginated from!

Tracy

Tracy Report 16 May 2012 17:26

I have now confirmed that William and Margaret did marry in Crewe and have their address being 74 Thomas Street. I also have the Birth cert for Eliza at the same address so know I have the correct people.

I now have William's father as being Hugh Hughes and Margarets Father as also being Hughes Hughes on their marriage cert!!!

I have also found on the 1851 census Hugh Hughes from Llanygnog, Llanfyllin but I'm still trying to confirm it as have found 2 births in 1845 for William in that area!!

Help!!

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 16 May 2012 18:21

Does the marriage cert give Hugh Hugh's occupation?

Ruth

Ruth Report 16 May 2012 20:55

Hi Tracy
This one looks like a possible for your William on the 1851 census
Address is given as Trelogan, Llanasa
HUGHES, Hugh Head Married M 33 1818 Ag LabLlanrhaidrDenbighshire
HUGHES, Maria Wife Married F 34 1817 LlanasaFlintshire
HUGHES, Thomas Son Unmarried M 12 1839 WhitfordFlintshire
HUGHES, Richard Son Unmarried M 9 1842 LlanasaFlintshire VIEW
HUGHES, Mary Daughter F 7 1844 LlanasaFlintshire
HUGHES, William Son M 5 1846 LlanasaFlintshire
HUGHES, Benjamin Son M 2 1849 LlanasaFlintshire

regards

Ruth

Tracy

Tracy Report 9 Aug 2012 10:13

Thanks Ruth that is looking hopeful!

Pricklyholly, Hugh Hughes was down as a labourer on Willam and Margarets marr cert. So that would tie in with the info from Ruth.

Cheers Tracy