Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Hughes

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharon

Sharon Report 16 Aug 2006 01:22

Hi Everyone, SARAH HUGHES This is a total shot in the dark, it has baffled me for years. Is there anyone out there who knows anything about Sarah Hughes. This is the little that I know and most of this is ' family stories' (so it might not even be true!) right Sarah Hughes was married to David Davies (1 of 3 Husbands so the story gos) they had Thomas Davies and Sarah Ellen Davies (born 21 May 1893) this is my grandmother. For some reason no-one knows why Sarah Ellen Davies was given away to be raised by distant relatives in Denbigh North Wales. Thomas died very young in an accident and left a very young daughter Maggie, Sarah Hughes raised this child as her own daughter hence causing a rift between Sarah Ellen and her birth mother Sarah Hughes. Are there any decendents of Maggie reading this message if yes I would love to hear from you. When Sarah Ellen was married in Dec 1916 her father David Davies was listed as Deceased on the marriage certificate. Also as a witness was a Biddy Gallagher I have been told that Biddy was Sarah Ellen's half sister I am guessing from one of the other marriages of her mother Sarah Hughes. This is all so confusing I am really hoping that someone out there is reading this and it is ringing some bells with you. Please get in touch if this means anything to you. Regards Sharon