Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Hughes

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Helen

Helen Report 4 Jun 2005 14:01

Hi trying to get any information on my granmother,(mothers side).I know she came from Perthshire Scotland ,where she lived,married and raised her family.Her name was Alfridina Hughes and she married William Norman Thornton,do not have any date when this took place.Her husband died during 2nd World War 1944 and she died 2yrs later,younger children were put into care ,my mother being one of those (Aberlour Orphanage Elin.)Do know that pror to their deaths one of their children drowned tragically in the River Tay.Would love if anyone could give me any information of family conected to Alfreina or William . Thanksssssssssssssssss.