Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Hughes

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 11 Feb 2005 12:52

I’m currently tracing my family tree and I am looking for anyone who may be able to help me in my research. It would be great to find relatives – however distant! My G.Grandparents (Francis HUGHES/Rosina Maud TINGLE), were originally from Hanley, Staffs and moved to Tyneside around 1917. They went on to have 7 children (William, Francis, Harold, Elsie, Lily, Edith and my Grandmother, Annie). They were married in 1907 at Stoke-upon-Trent Register Office and addresses I have for them are 55 Broom St, 25 High St, 20 Union St and 9 Swan Passage all in Hanley, Staffs. Francis parents were John HUGHES and Lavinia MEIGH and he had 8 siblings –(Annie/Walter/Harold/Lewis/William/Elizabeth/Frederick and Lillian). I know that Lewis and Lillian also relocated to Tyneside – Frederick was possibly in the Army stationed in India. Other information I have is that John & Lavinia were married at St Peters Church, Stoke-upon-Trent and they lived in High Street, Hanley. Rosina Maud’s parents were William TINGLE and Rosina WILLIAMS and she had 3 siblings - (William, Louisa and Eliza). Louisa was possibly married to William Hawley and I think they emigrated to Australia. Other information I have is that in the 1881 census William was living at 27 Great York Street, Stoke-upon Trent and Rosina was living at 5 Gran Bdgs W Rd, Burslem, Stafford with her grandparents – I believe her parents died when she was young. I can go slightly further back than this but the information I have is sketchy! I would love to hear from anyone who recognises any of these names.