Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Please help, dont know where to look next!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kelly

Kelly Report 6 Oct 2009 15:32

I am continuing with the search for my Dad's sister. So far I have managed to find the birth records. She was born Elizabeth A James in Loughborough between April and June 1944. Mother's maiden name is Pritchard. Not able to order the birth certifcate as I dont have the full date of birth. I then looked at possible marriages and have found approx 30. I have done hundreds of searches on google but nothing is coming up. I obviously do not know her married name so I just dont know where to look next. I just dont have enough information. My dad hasnt seen his mother Edith since he was 14 and his father has passed away so I have little to go on. Any suggestions?? Any help that anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated. Many Thanks Kelly

Freewheel

Freewheel Report 6 Oct 2009 15:39

You don't need the exact DOB to order the cert - just tick the box which asks if you have the GRO refs

Date of Registration: Apr May Jun 1944
Registration district: Loughbro'
Volume Number: 7a
Page Number: 273

When you get the cert, you will know what the 'A' represents, which may prove helpful in tracing the lady.

EVEIE

EVEIE Report 6 Oct 2009 15:51

Elizabeth A James
Mother's Maiden Surname: Pritchard
Date of Registration: Apr May Jun 1944
Registration district: Loughbro'
Registration county: Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Rutland
Volume Number: 7a
Page Number: 273

Kelly

Kelly Report 6 Oct 2009 15:53

Thanks, something I didnt know! I have ordered the certificate and will see what happens next