Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Jelf

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Patricia

Patricia Report 15 Jun 2004 12:28

Hi, I am researching my late Grandmothers family. She was born Clara Sanders in 1876. Daughter of James and Hannah Sanders. She Married a William Jelf in 1904 who was a lot older than her and came from the Worcestershire area. They had two children together before parting company. She took up with my Gandfather frederick Rowberry around 1908 i believe and they had four children together amongst them my late Father Leslie Rowberry. They did not Marry until 1938 by which time William whome she was never divorced from had been dead around nine years. I have gained a lot of information on her life with Frederick and have done a fair bit of tracing in her life as a Sanders but I am finding it almost impossible to trace her life whilst Married to William Jelf. I would love to hear from anyone who can tie in with this and give me an insight into her life with William and in particular what went wrong. Pat Weston - nee Rowberry