Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Kinder

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Peggy

Peggy Report 10 Jun 2004 21:37

After much difficulty I have discovered that my maternal grandmother Esther Spencer (nee Kinder) died on 9th July 1948, aged 75 at Ollersett View, New Mills, Derbyshire where she had been transferred to in the early 1940's after spending nearly 40 years in the then Derby Lunatic Asylum. She had been admitted in 1907 shortly after giving birth to my mother when she was in her early thirties and never came out again. Now I need to find where she is buried. Would anyone know the most likely place where this might be in the vicinity of this hospital? I would be very grateful for any suggestions - or where I might find details of who would have the cemetary records there.