Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help! Please i am confused!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

kidsnpets

kidsnpets Report 22 Sep 2008 13:49

Hi
I have linked up with 2 different people with Hot Matches, everything on our trees are the same except they both have one person down as being married to different people.
1st option RALPH LANCASTER Born jan 1813 Ripon North Yorkshire, Well sinker married to Mary Baines (Baynes)
2nd option, same as above but married to Mary Musgrove,
please how do i find out which is the right one, especially as they both have same first name, think they were both from Patrick Brompton Yorks.
any help would be great.
Many thanks

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 22 Sep 2008 14:11

you can't reply on everything in another person's tree as being 100% correct.
You need to prove for yourself through certificates / parish register entries that you are following the same line.
Another possiblity is that he was married twice. You don't say if the trees concerned have a marriage date entered.

Heather

Heather Report 22 Sep 2008 14:12

Assuming that he married after 1837 or remarried after that date they should have a certificate to back up their facts. Have you asked them for their sources of information.

The childrens birth certs would give mothers full maiden name - has either of them actually bought a birth cert?

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 22 Sep 2008 14:14

Marriages Dec 1837
>>>Baynes Mary Ann Ripon 23 519
Busfield Elizabeth Ripon 23 519
Goodrick Tabitha Ripon 23 519
GOWING John Ripon 23 519
King William Ripon 23 519
>>>Lancaster Ralph Ripon 23 519
REYNARD Elizabeth Ripon 23 519
TAYLOR James Ripon 23 519

This could have been the marriage - the only way to prove it is by either marriage cert (which would state if he was a widower) or by getting the brth cert of one of his children

kidsnpets

kidsnpets Report 22 Sep 2008 14:26

Hi,
this is the marriage i came up with, and so did someone else,who was one of the matches.
i have emailed them both for info, but no replys yet, did cross my mind that he married twice,
got his first child as being born 1837 jane lancaster, and his last william in 1847.
can anybody find either a marriage between Ralph and Mary Musgrove.
or a possible death for Mary Lancaster (Baines/Baynes)
thanks

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 22 Sep 2008 14:37

The marriage certificate might even show that Mary was a widow ( nee MUSGROVE) when she remaried as Mary BARNES.

Gwyn

Heather

Heather Report 22 Sep 2008 14:39

Good thought Gwyn

kidsnpets

kidsnpets Report 22 Sep 2008 14:43

Hi
hadnt thought that maybe she was a widow, as i cannot find a marriage between Ralph and Mary Musgrove.
thanks