Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nikki

Nikki Report 25 Mar 2009 16:15

Hi Im trying to find out if my GG Grandfather Abraham Leach Divorced my GG grandmother Mally Haslan as i found out she remarried in 1896.Im not sure when he died as I cant find him anywhere after 1891.

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 25 Mar 2009 16:31

What part of the country are we looking at?

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 25 Mar 2009 16:40

Was her first name Mary? If you got a copy of her marriage certificate in 1896 it might say whether she was a widow or divorced.

Nikki

Nikki Report 25 Mar 2009 16:58

Hi Abraham was born 1852 Rochdale and lived in oldham 1880 so im guessing he died there his first wife was mally Haslam born 1865 Middleton Lancashire.

Nikki

Nikki Report 25 Mar 2009 19:35

Hi how would I find when he died I cant seem to find him on Ancestry.co.uk

Quoy

Quoy Report 25 Mar 2009 19:49

Hello Nikki
found this Manchester Times 1894 dec 14th

Next of Kin Abraham Leach

Wanted information of next of kin of Abraham Leach,formaly of Oldham who left the neighborhood about 50yrs ago and lived in or near Newtown Montgomery .
W. H fearnley Flush Mills Heckmondwick Yorkshire

Vicci

Vicci Report 25 Mar 2009 19:52

deaths http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl

Surname First name(s) Age District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deaths Sep 1883 (96%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LEACH Abraham 82 Bradford, Y. 9b 70

Deaths Mar 1887 (>99%)

Leach Abraham 0 Halifax 9a 406

Deaths Dec 1887 (>99%)

Leach Abraham 53 Rochdale 8e 41

Deaths Mar 1889 (>99%)

Leach Abraham 83 Prescot 8b 552

Deaths Mar 1891 (>99%)

Leach Abraham 58 Blackburn 8e 304