Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

winifred

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Clifford

Clifford Report 7 Jan 2010 12:45

I am trying to find anybody who know's anything about Winifred Leach ( nee Searle ) married 1936 royston district i think she may have had a girl called joyce K E Leach born September Quarter in 1936.
Any info on her would be great.
Clifford Grey.

BatMansDaughter

BatMansDaughter Report 7 Jan 2010 12:52

Hi Clifford,

if we don't turn anything up you may have to order her marriage cert;

Surname First name(s) Spouse District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages Mar 1936 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leach William E C Searle Royston 3a 1440
Searle Winifred M Leach Royston 3a 1440

Dee x

BatMansDaughter

BatMansDaughter Report 7 Jan 2010 12:54

A good possible birth;

Surname First name(s) Mother District Vol Page

Births Dec 1915 (>99%)

SEARLE Winifred M FISHER Royston 3a 1268

Dee x

BatMansDaughter

BatMansDaughter Report 7 Jan 2010 12:56

A possible marriage for her parents;

Surname First name(s) District Vol Page

Marriages Jun 1896 (>99%)

Fisher Sarah Ann St. Ives 3b 613
Searle William Thomas St. Ives 3b 613

A sister;

Births Sep 1912 (>99%)

SEARLE Emily S Fisher Royston 3a 1519

Dee x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 7 Jan 2010 12:57

Will send a pm with the marriage of Joyce.

Kath. x

Paul

Paul Report 7 Jan 2010 13:00

I wouldn't swear on it Clifford - but I think both Winfred and her husband both died some while ago - both in Basingstoke, Hampshire. The marriage gives their details as William E C Leach and Winifred M Searle, and there are deaths for a Winifred M Leach (b 14/10/1915 - d 1977 Basingstoke), and a William E C Leach (b 18/8/1912 - d 1988 Basingstoke). It may not be them but there aren't many William Leaches with two middle initials.