Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Leach

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Penny

Penny Report 20 Oct 2005 14:22

Robert Alfred LEACH (born c1835) married Elizabeth FLYNN (born 1837-9) in ROCHDALE. His family had originally come from Durham, hers from Roscommon, Ireland. He was a Primitive Methodist preacher. They had 10-20 children, including Robert Alfred Junior, Charles and George Ernest. I think the family may have been separated after Robert Alfred Senior's death. It's possible at least some of them may have been raised by Sarah Leach (born c.1836) in Wardle/Wardleworth, Rochdale. Elizabeth later moved to London with her youngest son, George. Does anybody have a link with any of these names as I'd love to learn the stories of their other children, or of Robert or Elizabeth's parents & family.

Richard

Richard Report 12 Apr 2008 21:39

Penny
I made a mistake on my note to you a day or two ago.I am the grandson of George Ernest Leach who was married to Clara Whitehead. His MOTHER was Elizabeth Flynn. They had five daughters one being Catherine Audrey, my mother. Was your mother Sheila? Please contact. I think you maybe my cousin.
There is also a note to you about an Emily A Webber who married Robert Alfred Leach. They would be uncle and aunt to my mother and perhaps yours if you are who I think you are
Please do answer
I think your Robert Alfred Leach, senior, would be Alfred Lionel Leach who married Elizabeth Flynn.
Best wishes
Richard Waters

Richard

Richard Report 10 Jul 2008 11:10

Penny
I have been trying unsuccessfully to contact you for about 5 months - since I joined Genes Reunited. I am Richard Waters grandson of George Ernest and his wife Clara Leach. My mother was Catherine Audrey Waters (nee Leach) one of their five daughters. I have just been given a photograph of who I believe would be your grandmother - Shiela Leach my mother's sister. The photograph was given me by Andrew Dakyns son of Peggy Dakyns nee Leach - another sister.
Please contact
Best wishes
Richard