Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Birth record for Thomas Lucas c1901

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Donna

Donna Report 30 Mar 2009 15:31

I have come to a dead end for my great grandfather Thomas Lucas.I cannot trace his birth or parents as yet. This is what I know.

He married Daisy Louise Smith in 1922, age 21 years. father was William Lucas (deceased) Profession Domestic Gardener.
They had 5 children that I know about, one being my grandmother..

Thomas himself was a Stoker, 1st class service, in the Royal Navy and died on board the Juno in 1941. Service No c/kx 95484.

I have checked 1911 census to no avail, freebmd in 1901/2 11 Thomas Lucas are registered.

Can anyone please offer some advice where I could go next.

Thanks & regards.

Donna

PaulaW

PaulaW Report 30 Mar 2009 15:34

What area please?

Donna

Donna Report 30 Mar 2009 15:38

They married in registry office in Pancras and his wife Daisy was born and registered in Pancras. Thomas I am unsure where he was born I know it definitely wasn't in 1899 Bethnal green as I have the birth cert for that Thomas.
Thanks

Donna

Donna Report 30 Mar 2009 15:48

The Southwark & West ham Thomas aren't him, neither father is William, but thanks anyway.

cagsie

cagsie Report 30 Mar 2009 15:59

1911 has a Clement Thomas Lucas b1902 living in St Pancras

Donna

Donna Report 30 Mar 2009 16:27

No not the Clement Thomas in the 1911 census.

Maybe it is the Thomas Lucas in the Institution. There is a Florence Lucas aged 7 with him there? Does anyone know how I could obtain any further info from this home/school?
Thanks

cagsie

cagsie Report 30 Mar 2009 16:30

what about william lucas, a gardener, with son thomas living in maidstone in 1911

Donna

Donna Report 30 Mar 2009 16:36

Just checked and not that one either the Thomas is only 2, not old enough. I nearly got excited then. lol.

I am out of credits on 1911 census for now. I have used up 120 checking for various Thomas Lucas's in the last couple of days.

George_of_Westbury

George_of_Westbury Report 30 Mar 2009 17:12

Donna

Have you tried to obtain his Royal Navy service records? I know with RN records the Royal Navy have not kept back too much info, but you never know what they may have.

Here is the link and info

http://www.veterans-uk.info/service_records/royal_navy.html

Maybe worthwhile giving them a ring

George