Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Charlotte LUCAS

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barry

Barry Report 5 Jul 2010 01:09

I recently received a scan photo of Charlotte LUCAS b.1885 Newnham, Northants. She is posed with her husband Samuel ROWLAND. I would love to hear from anybody that has the original and if there are any marking on the back. (date, photographer, ect.) The person I got this photo from can't remember who sent it to her except it was a LUCAS descendant. Samuel & Charlotte are my Grandparents on my mothers side.
Thank you
Barry.

jax

jax Report 5 Jul 2010 01:16

Have you checked the trees for anyone who has these people in thier tree. Looks like there are quite a few people who have charlotte

Barry

Barry Report 10 Jul 2010 00:05

Yes, I have looked at the trees I have access to. I think that the photo must have originated in Warwickshire where the LUCAS family moved about 1900. Charlotte was adopted by an Aunt at 3 months of age after her mothers death and raised in a different part of the counry.
She didn't know this untill she was in her late teens. But then visited her family often. I have spoken to my cousins in Southport but nobody has seen this photo before.
Barry

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 10 Jul 2010 20:00

Hi Barry, as Jax says, take a look in the search trees box above, you can contact the tree owners for more info. You seem to only have looked at the trees you have access to - the search tree facility is different. If that makes sense!! Cx

Barry

Barry Report 14 Jul 2010 01:08

Hi Cynthia
Thanks for that, I have found 2 that I havn't had contact with before, no success with the first and am waiting for a reply to the second.
cheers
Barry.