Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Lucas

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Teresa

Teresa Report 6 Aug 2007 22:04

I am trying to trace relatives and ancestors of my grandfather, Frederick Lucas, born in 1885. He was first married to Ida Blanche Roscoe in 1908, then to my grandmother Ann Elizabeth Acton (nee Martin) in 1919. If there is anyone out there who can throw some light on my research, I would love to hear from you.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 1 Nov 2007 11:53

hi there this is only a stab in the dark im very new at all this im waiting for some info from my mum but her grandmother was elizabeth jane lucas born 1878 and married frank parr im wondering if frederick could be a brother i know that somewhere on our tree the name acton appears you never know look forward to hearing from you liz

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 1 Nov 2007 12:14

Teresa I found a marriage for your grandparents alot later than 1919......... if indeed this is the right pair as you give no indication as to where they married or where he was born?

Marriages Mar 1927 (>99%)
LUCAS Frederick E L MARTIN Cheltenham 6a 591
MARTIN Annie E LUCAS Cheltenham 6a 591