Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

William John or John William Lucas born around1869

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 27 Nov 2007 12:02

Hi Everyone,
Still looking for my G Grandfather or any information regarding him i am still no further on with this. I have him on the 1901 census in Devon living with his wife Caroline or (Carry) nee Townsend also from Leicetershire with their three children any information would be very much welcome thanks again Lorraine

Selena in South East London

Selena in South East London Report 27 Nov 2007 18:21

Looks like their marriage

Marriages Jun 1898
Lucas William John Leicester 7a 588
Townsend Caroline Leicester 7a 588

Selena

Selena in South East London Report 27 Nov 2007 18:24

Possible birth?

Births Mar 1869
Lucas William John Blaby 7a 39

Selena

David

David Report 27 Nov 2007 19:38

There is a possible on the 1871 (William John) & 1881 (John) census living in Rotherham with his mother Eliza, which may explain why he puts Rotherham on the 1901 census.

Note in 1871 it puts his age as c1864, but on the extract it looks like a 2.

His place of birth is put as Countesthorpe, which is in Blaby District.

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 27 Nov 2007 21:25

Hi thank you so much for all the help and for bothering to reply. I have also followed him to rotheram with his mother Eliza, but not 100% sure it is him i think it is. I know from other family members that have tried to find him that he did marry Carry Lucas as you have stated he was in the Royal Feild Artillary dont know from when or for how long I know he served in India and Caroline died there in 1902 he had three children with Caroline one was my grandfather Robert Lucas. I think he may have married again the children went to orphanages in the uk Leiecter area agin i think he had a sister who lived there. Other than that i am stuck but again thank you so much for your time Lorraine

Selena in South East London Report 28 Nov 2007 16:57

Do you have any idea about his 2nd wife's name? Or what year he may have married. There are about 9 William Lucas marriages in Leicestershire on FreeBMD.

This is for William John Lucas

Marriages Jun 1904
Bramley Gertrude Billesdon 7a 76
Harrison William Hudson Billesdon 7a 76
King Rosa May Billesdon 7a 76
Lucas William John Billesdon 7a 76

Selena