Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find McIntee

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Saranne

Saranne Report 30 Jul 2006 14:40

Hi, I am trying to track down some of the following names or details about the following people. They are from Swansea but originate possibly from Mayo in Ireland although how far back is a mystery due to the Post Office fire in Dublin on the Easter uprising and similarities in name spellings and surnames as you can see below. Johnny McIntee c 1882 William c 1886 Thomas c 1890 Andrew c 1888 Edmund c 1892 Michael - c 1893 Mary Jane 1895 Elizabeth 1898 Rachel 1902 They would also bee related by marriage on two separate branches to MURRAY'S or MURRY's and NANCURVIS. They also might me known as McGinty or McGintee etc. We suspect they came over during the Great Famine or thereabouts and may or may not have been mine strike breakers in South Wales. It is highly likely they were dock workers or fish workers. Sorry I cannot be more specific but anything would be a great help. Does anyone have any idea's? Thank you for your time.

Robert

Robert Report 1 Sep 2014 22:10

Hello Saranne,

Am connected through my wife's Horrigan family.......what makes you think
that they are originally from Co. Mayo?

R egards,

Bob Simmonds

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 1 Sep 2014 22:12

Hi there Bob - Saranne posted a long time ago - click on her name to send a message via the site - she may still be a member

Ann x

Robert

Robert Report 24 Jan 2019 16:08

Suranne,
What Mcintee information do you need....eg. John 1882 was illegitimate at
birth, unlikely to have a Mcintee father.... Mcintee marriage took place 3-4
years later.......,....the insertion of Wreford into his name indicative of the
surname of his actual Father likely to be a ship's carpenter from Newport.
Regards,

Bob Simmonds.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 24 Jan 2019 16:25

Another really old thread, Bob

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 24 Jan 2019 16:39

You already replied to this thread in 2014, Bob, and were told by AnnCardiff how to try to contact Saranne.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 24 Jan 2019 19:40

Saraane has deleted her account.