Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Nicholson Family Bible

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 19 Aug 2008 00:30

Hello all,
I've recently begun researching my tree and am doing well thanks to everyone on the site, a staggering 2,000 plus members on my tree now.

I have been told by a few people about a family bible which was in our posession, I am reffering to the Nicholson's based in Ledsham & Kippax area e.g. James Nicholson 1774 from Kippax and his father William from Ledsham.

Can anyone help give any information on this book?

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 19 Aug 2008 02:54

Find out from living people when it was last seen.
I tracked one down.
Ours had gone to the eldest daughter of my great grandfather, then to her son, then the widow of his son and then to a cousin.
Just keep talking to people and follow the leads.

Gwyn

David

David Report 21 Aug 2008 11:55

I know who has it now which is great. Jsut happens to live oooh about 4 hours away lol. However that is a day out I guess :D