Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

mabel agnes possibly mitchell

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pamela

Pamela Report 21 Sep 2008 18:44

Am trying to find Mabel Agnes Nicholson, born 1884, who is named as mother to Harry Mitchell born Richmond Surrey 1919 he had no father named, her death cert says she was the widow of Mitchell, but as far as the family know she never married. Its possible that she got pregnant and was "kicked out". She went on to have 3 more children all with the name of Mitchell but again no father named. We think her name was Nicholson and she was possibly from Doncaster area. She also may have had a daughter, before leaving the area, Dolly/Dorothy who still lives in in those parts. Any help finding either her or the Mitchell in question would be appreciated. Not much to go on I know!

Julie

Julie Report 21 Sep 2008 18:51

Pamela

Did you not pick up your replies for this request on your last thread

Hi Claire....I asked that very same question on the other thread

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 21 Sep 2008 18:52

Thanks Julie, I'll return to my tv

Pamela

Pamela Report 22 Sep 2008 20:12

My faher always said she had never married but that he had been told many years ago that her name was Nicholson.. He had a brother and 2 sisters, none of which had a father's name, may not even be the same father. On her death cert it said she was the widow of Mitchell but we are certain she never married anyone. haven't much to go on, hoping someone has a relative with that name that just disappeared off their tree!