Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

William Nicholson(blacksmith)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Radcliff

Radcliff Report 26 Nov 2008 18:49

William Nicholson living 33 Collingwood street North Shields 1881 census,does anyone have any information on this family father David,step sister Mary Ann Riddle,stepbrother Thomas Taylor and nephew David Riddell,mother not present doesnt say father widowed,anything at all to get me started,possibly married to Isabella Taylor,Thankyou,

Diane

Diane Report 26 Nov 2008 18:52

when was William born?

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 26 Nov 2008 18:53

do you know William's date of birth?

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 26 Nov 2008 18:53

snap!!

Radcliff

Radcliff Report 26 Nov 2008 19:00

no date of birth but in census he was 22 and born North Sheilds,father William 46 a waterman,also born North Shields,I have trawled bmd but there are a few,I hoped someone may be doing a Nicholson tree and they may know what has happened to Mrs Nicholson one and two,my tree is Riddle and Riddell,William is her stepfather and David her stepbrother,Mary Ann names her son David Nicholson Riddle, born1875,Gillian.

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 26 Nov 2008 19:04

1871 census -
David Nicholson aged 35 boatman
Isabella aged 4l
Thomas B. Taylor aged l6
Margaret Taylor aged 14
William Nicholson aged 12
Barbara Nicholson aged 8
Elizabeth Nicholson aged 2

address - Bell Street, Fenwicks Bank, North Shields,
Tynemouth.

Liz

Radcliff

Radcliff Report 26 Nov 2008 19:09

What a STAR just got to go a message back soon Gillian

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 26 Nov 2008 19:14

Free bmd marriage - David Nicholson to Isabella Taylor, December l858 at Tynemouth. This cert. will give you the names of their parents, and some addresses.
Liz

Radcliff

Radcliff Report 26 Nov 2008 20:51

Thankyou Liz,great help now back to the North East for some research,Gillian