Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

half brother

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Loraine

Loraine Report 17 Aug 2009 17:27

desperate to find half brother who now lives in australia lost contact when our mother died. his first name is john (was born an english) haven't got a clue how to go about it i think he must be about 70 by now

Mark

Mark Report 17 Aug 2009 17:41

Do you know parents names and where abouts in England. Where in Australia has he moved to

Loraine

Loraine Report 17 Aug 2009 17:51

mothers name was bessie english he was born in dorset last known to be in new south wales aust never had an address for him only a box number dont know who his dad was

Mark

Mark Report 17 Aug 2009 17:54

Other poss is to buy credits for 192.com and do a person or address search poss relations still in England may have vital info

Loraine

Loraine Report 17 Aug 2009 17:55

sorry just thought when he was born his given name was ivan english. changed his name to john nicholson when in australia

Loraine

Loraine Report 17 Aug 2009 17:57

ok mark thanks anyway

Sheila

Sheila Report 17 Aug 2009 18:17

Try australian white pages.

Loraine

Loraine Report 17 Aug 2009 18:20

thanks sheila can you guide me a bit on that where do i start

Sheila

Sheila Report 17 Aug 2009 18:57

Try

www.infobel.com

this gives all the telephone directories around the world. helps if you know where in NSW.

sadieh33

sadieh33 Report 28 Aug 2009 04:53

Hi Lorraine.
Melbourne calling. I'm an ex Sydney girl. Try this link. It's for the residential white pages telephone directory for the entire country.

http://www.whitepages.com.au/wp/resSearch.do

Good luck.

sadieh33

sadieh33 Report 28 Aug 2009 04:55

Loraine
Do you have any further information..anything at all??? I'll try to help you find him but need more info...no matter how insignificant you might think it is...