Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

canada

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

strongarm

strongarm Report 11 Nov 2009 18:19

Are there any Nicholson's in Canada looking for their relations
from annette

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 11 Nov 2009 21:22

Probably tens of thousands Nicholsons in Canada. Don't know how many would be looking for their relations. It's a big country, you know!

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 12 Nov 2009 14:32

You really need to be a little more specific Annette. If you put the names you are looking for into the search box above, you will see that there are oodles of Nicolsons's from Canada in trees on this site.

If you are looking for someone in particultar, it would be better to put the details on here and see if someone can help. Mind you, Canadian records are not the easiest to search, but I am sure someone will give it a go.

strongarm

strongarm Report 15 Nov 2009 18:34

I have no idea what the christian names of the Nicholson tribe I am looking for, just that they were from Beetham or Storth, Kendal Westmorland, England and left here in the early 20th century

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 15 Nov 2009 18:56

I don't know how to help, Annette. I was looking for Nicholsons who might have enlisted for WW1 in Canada because they give birthplace but there are 444 of them. If you had even one christian name it might help. Do you have them on the 1901 census in England? Do you think they emigrated before the 1911 census?

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 15 Nov 2009 20:07

Well, that's a proverbial needle in a proverbial haystack I think!

Have you tried putting the name Nicholson into the search box above. I tried it and came up with several folk who had Nicholsons from Beetham and Storth in their trees. It may be worth contacting them to see what they know.

Cx.

sadieh33

sadieh33 Report 26 Jul 2010 02:13

Hi there. I have a contact name for you which might be helpful. You could try searching for Marion Burnell here on GR..or John Grant..her husband. Marion is related to the Nicholson family which originated in West Yorshire via the Burnell family line. The Burnell line married a Lucas female who's maiden name was Nicholson. Marion is located in Canada. I have contact details for her somewhere. If you read this please get in touch. This Nicholson line may not be who you are after as there are thousands of them, but you never know. Good hunting. Helen

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 26 Jul 2010 09:03

Sadie, its been a while since Marie posted that message. It may be more useful for you to click on her name and send your message that way. If she still has the same email address she will be notified. Cx

sadieh33

sadieh33 Report 26 Nov 2010 09:01

Thanks Cynthia..I should have noticed the date..silly me!!