Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

yorkshire lookup

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Amanda

Amanda Report 13 Oct 2010 03:39

Hi I'm trying to find a marriage to William Nicholson born abt 1810 Tadmaster Yorkshire, all the census I have come across have his wife's name as Ann, born abt 1812, Ackworth Yorkshire but I am unable to find a marriage. The children I have found to this union are Elizabeth, George, William Edward, and Annie.
Is anyone able to help me Regards Amanda

jax

jax Report 13 Oct 2010 04:28

1861 for info

Name: William Nicholson
Estimated birth year: abt 1810
Relation: Head
Spouse's name: Ann Nicholson
Where born: Tadcaster, Yorkshire, England

Civil parish: Huddersfield
Ecclesiastical parish: Huddersfield
Town: Huddersfield
County/Island: Yorkshire

William Nicholson 51
Ann Nicholson 49
Elizabeth Nicholson 17
George Nicholson 15
William E Nicholson 13
Annie Nicholson 10

jax

jax Report 13 Oct 2010 04:34

poss william E Nicholson's birth

Births Sep 1847 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nicholson William Edward Huddersfield 22 321

maybe George

Births Sep 1845 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.NICHOLSON George Huddersfield 22 326

Annie

Births Sep 1850 (>99%)

Nicholson Annie Huddersfield 22 381

Cannot see a marriage jumping out at me I'm affraid

Amanda

Amanda Report 13 Oct 2010 07:42

No I had the same problem although I have come across 2 other marriages one for a Mary Ann, and the other for a Susannah, wether or not Williams wife is acutually Ann or they have shortened her name, not that that is going to help me in the long run
Thanks Amanda

Janet

Janet Report 13 Oct 2010 12:23

Will continue to have a look later on, but it may be as well to order one birth certificate to prove the mother's maiden name. -JLe

sadieh33

sadieh33 Report 7 Nov 2010 10:26

Hi Amanda. Australia calling. Is Tadmaster near Halifax??? If so, I have an unmarried William in my tree...I just don't have any info on him, so that's not to say he never married. I wondered if this could be of any help to you.
Cheers
Helen

Janet

Janet Report 10 Nov 2010 13:37

Just to answer your geography question, Tadcaster is not near to Halifax but I do know that there are a lot of Nicholsons in the next small town of Brighouse and your William could belong to them.-Jle