Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Jacqueline Cryer

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 20 Dec 2006 13:29

Hi Everyone, , I'm searching for my mum's family. Her mother was Doris May Nicholson born approx 1920 and lived in Malton/Pickering area in her childhood and lived her young adulthood in Robin Hoods Bay.. Pregnant with my mum and unmarried' at the age of 23 she was ' removed' to Sheffield .. and my mum was placed in an orphanage in both Malton and later Pickering. Twenty odd years later was found to be married and living in Hull. as Doris Taylor. Her mother was Dora Nicholson - also an unmarried mother, who later married a Mr. Jefferies. We know Dora came from the Setrington area ( nr. malton/Pickering ). And that there are 'Petch' members in the family...That is all we know. Oh! other than Dora also had a son Harold who stayed all his life in Robin Hoods Bay and never married. Any info, no matter how small would be greatfully appreciated. Even if you only knew / know of these people and have nothing new to add. Many thanks, Jacqui.