Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Nicholson Nicholson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nicholson

Nicholson Report 26 Dec 2005 17:48

Michael Nicholson born Hull, 12 Dec 1948, son of Gilbert born 17 April 1921 a railway signalmsn , Grandson of Herbert born 10 Jan 1892 a bricklayer.

KerrayLass

KerrayLass Report 22 Oct 2007 14:50

To Nicholson Nicolson, I am researching into my husband's family of Nicholsons and we have a Gilbert in the equation, born 1878 son of Thomas and Charlotte Nicholson of Salhouse, Norfolk. Several members of the family moved to Hull around 1888-1900, the others to London at about the same time. I know that this is a long shot, but the name Gilbert is not very common and often these names are used through several generations. There are also many steam engineers and bricklayers within the family at that time so you never know, there just might be a connection! Let me know if this rings any bells, Regards Anne Nicholson.