Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Nicholson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 29 Jun 2007 17:32

looking for JOHN NICHOLSON. i have 3 generations of john nicholsons, cant find any info pre 1861 John Nicholson snrBorn c1800 Northumberland. Occupation STONEMASON (mentioned living in 1857 at sons wedding). John Nicholson jnr (b1825, northumberland, newcastle, died 14 mar 1890 Lambeth, london) married 28July 1857 to Sarah KING. this john was also a stone mason by trade. This john and sarah had 6 children.alice, jane, william, sarah, john , henry. lived lambeth , surrey after 1857. John Nicholson jnrjnr (b 1865 Lambeth, married 1888 st saviour southwark to Catherine List) also stone mason had 3 children; john, paul and catherine. lived lambeth all his life. i cant find anything on john snr. cant find him on any census. i cant find anything on john jnr b1825 pre his marriage certificate. any help finding him pre 1857 would be very much appreciated.