Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Nicholson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Beverley

Beverley Report 14 Dec 2006 10:10

The Nicholson am trying to find is a lily or lilain cowan Nocholson , born 1866 in grimston or grinston yorkshire, she was married to a Henry Smith born 1865 from strensall york, if any info please Thankyou Bev

Jane

Jane Report 12 Jan 2010 19:01

Hi bev I have now upgraded on genes Reunited so can send you message I did email you but dont know if you got it .Thank you for getting back to me anyway .Yes well my great grandmother was a Lillian Nicholson born 1866 and was born at North Grimston .she was one of 10 children and was a twin to a Fillista (unusual name) she married a Henry Smith I have all the names and dates of all the children,and Lillians mother and father John and Elizabeth also John's mother and father so I go back to 1783 This family is on my mothers side my mum is now 80 and was called Freda Smith befor marrying my father Gordon Hardcastle Lillian and Henry had 7 children Harry/ Wilfred/ Agnes/ Bertha/ Annie/ Emily/ and Lancelot who was my grandfather but he died when my mum was 13 so i never met him ,any way bev I hope it is the same family as yours if so let me know regards Jane Hardcastle