Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Nicholson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 31 Oct 2006 12:12

I am very keen to contact any relatives of my late father. I realise that this cannot be easy after so long, but I would hope that we could get in touch. My father's full name was John Herbert Nicholson and he was born on 19 January 1936 at 74 Four Lane End in Hetton-Le-Hole, County Durham. He had the following family members: Mother Ethel Whitehouse and father John Armstrong Nicholson. Brother Tommy and sisters Peggy, Ethel and Florence. Much of his early life was spent in the merchant navy. He married my mother, Ann Winifred Taylor nee Dear at Ruislip Registry Office in West London. He moved back to Hetton-Le-Hole in the early 1980's after divorcing from my mother, where he died on 3 January 1986. If you know of any or are a relative, please, please contact me. A lot has happened in the period if time since he died and I am desperate to re-establish contact with any family members as I now have a family and understand the importance of keeping in touch. If you know anyone who may be related, please contact me.