Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Nicholson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan (Sue)

Susan (Sue) Report 7 Oct 2003 10:44

I would like to trace my father's brother and sister, Llewelyn and Margaret, both born in the Joiners Arms in Sunnybrow, Willington, County Durham in the 1920s. My father, John Francis Nicholson, was born in 1922, died in 1980, and I never met any of his generation although I was close to the aunties and uncles on his maternal side (family name Lamb, of Willington, of whom I have lots of family history). The last time we heard of Llewelyn was in 1979 when he made a trip over from Canada where he settled with his wife Mary after WW2. I knew him at one time through correspondence but this had petered out. Margaret I never knew but I understand she continued to live in County Durham and had a son.