Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anne Nightingale

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Daria

Daria Report 15 Feb 2009 01:40

I have an ancestor Anne Nightingale c 1676 from Ashover, Derby. who married Edmond Hodgkinson in 1694. I am trying to find her ancestors. Maybe Thomas Nightingale c 1620-1683 or John Nightingale c1639-1703. Or maybe her father was one of these gentlemen's siblings ? Anyone have any clues. Both these gentlemen were ancestors of Florence Nightingale, and came from Ashover area, as did "my" Anne", so am hoping to find the final link. Thank you

Diddydoris

Diddydoris Report 15 Feb 2009 02:00

IGI Individual Record FamilySearchâ„¢ International Genealogical Index v5.0
British Isles
Search Results | Download | Print

Ann Pedigree
Female

Event(s):
Birth:
Christening:
29 MAR 1676 Ashover, Derby, England
Death:
Burial:

Parents:
Father: Richar Nightingall Family
Mother: Luce

Extracted birth or christening record for the locality listed in the record. The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the birth or christening date.

Source Information:
Batch No.: Dates: Source Call No.: Type: Printout Call No.: Type:
C320704 1622 - 1623 1041018 Film NONE
C320704 1661 - 1898 1041018 Film NONE
Sheet:

Vicci

Vicci Report 15 Feb 2009 02:05

another one
IGI Individual Record FamilySearchâ„¢ International Genealogical Index v5.0
British Isles
Search Results | Download | Print

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anne Pedigree
Female

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event(s):
Birth:
Christening: 30 NOV 1662 Ashover, Derby, England

Death:
Burial:

Parents:
Father: William Nightingall Family
Mother: Margrit

Extracted birth or christening record for the locality listed in the record. The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the birth or christening date.

Source Information:
Batch No.: Dates: Source Call No.: Type: Printout Call No.: Type:

C320704 1622 - 1623 1041018 Film NONE

C320704

Daria

Daria Report 15 Feb 2009 04:28

The Anne born in 1676 is definately the correct one. I have a copy of a CD from Ashover Church records, showing Anne's birth and listing her parents as Richard and Sarah (Bland) Nightingale.

Now I need to confirm Richard's parentage and I may solve the puzzle.

The other Anne 30/11/1662 is definately not "mine" and the Church records confirm her parentage - William & Margrit
Thanks so much, Daria

Jane

Jane Report 28 Feb 2009 16:21

In my family tree Annes parents were Richard c1640-1723 and Lucyc1640-1713. Richards parents were Thomas c1610and ? Lane. Thomas's father was Thomas c1595. Richard had siblings Thomas 1636-1704 Annec 1637 Williamc1639-1721 John1639-1703.John's line goes down to Florence Nightingale Richard's line goes down to mine.My tree shows all this

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 28 Feb 2009 16:34

This is on BVRI:

NIGHTINGALL, Ann Christening
Christening Date: 29 Mar 1676 Recorded in: Ashover, Derbyshire, England
Father: Richar NIGHTINGALL
Source: FHL Film 1041018 Dates: 1661 - 1898

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 28 Feb 2009 16:36

Her brother on BVRI:

NIGHTINGALE, Thomas Christening
Christening Date: 23 Oct 1670 Recorded in: Ashover, Derbyshire, England
Father: Rickhard NIGHTINGALE
Source: FHL Film 1041018 Dates: 1661 - 1898

Daria

Daria Report 1 Mar 2009 01:17

Hi Jane.
"My" Ann/e married Edmond Hodgkinson. Their daughter Elizabeth married James Milnes of Ashover, Derbyshire.
I have referred back to the Ashover Paris Records CD I have. The Ann bapt on 29/3/1676 parents are listed as Richard & Sara ?
I can't find Richard & "Luce" but have seen that entry on Family Search, but also the Richard & Sara/h entry also showing the March date. I realise a lot of these entries have been transcribed and are only as good as the person trying to transcribe them from old records. I must admit I have been unable to find a Sarah BLAND in any records, but on the Individual records on Family Search for Ann Nightingale, that is the surname attributed to her mother.
This is a real puzzle ! I am now curious as to who was "Luce" ??

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 1 Mar 2009 01:47

There's this marriage of Richard & Lucy on BVRI, time is right but it's in Nottinghamshire.

NIGHTINGALE, Richard Marriage
Wife: Lucy SLEIGHT
Marriage Date: 17 Aug 1668 Recorded in: Gedling, Nottinghamshire, England
Collection: BTs
Source: FHL Film 503495 Dates: 1664 - 1676

Daria

Daria Report 1 Mar 2009 11:30

You must excuse my ignorance, but what is BVRI ?

Sharna

Sharna Report 5 Aug 2021 12:53

Hannah Nightingale is my ancestor, b.1688 in Ashover, Derby and married to William North in 1717, I have a marriage certificate and of course without her father's name in it. What I really want to know is if she is related to "Nightingale family" that most of youse talking about and I realised this conversation was held in 2009.. I hope anyone of youse could help me to find the name of Hannah's father and what is her ancestors before her.

Much appreciated.
Sharna :-)

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 5 Aug 2021 13:07

Welcome to the boards, Sharna.

I don't see any record of her baptism, which would have given her father's name.

Maddie

Maddie Report 5 Aug 2021 13:20

for ref
Hannah
Last name Nightingale
Status S
Marriage year 1717
Marriage year as transcribed 1717
Marriage date 20 Sep 1717
Marriage place South Wingfield
Second marriage place Pentridge
County Derbyshire
Residence parish Lea, Ashover
Residence county Derby
Spouse's first name(s) William
Spouse's last name North
Spouse's occupation Dyer
Spouse's residence parish Alfreton
Spouse's residence county Derby
Country England
Record set Staffordshire, Dioceses Of Lichfield & Coventry Marriage Allegations And Bonds, 1636-1893
Category Birth, Marriage, Death & Parish Records
Subcategory Parish Marriages
Collections from England, Great Britain

Name: Hannah North
Event Type: Burial
Burial Date: 13 Sep 1719
Burial Place: Ashover, Derbyshire, England
Phillimore Ecclesiastical Parish Map:
View this parish
Spouse: Wm North

no bapt on ancestry or fmp