Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find pearson children

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 4 Apr 2010 23:20

Thank you all for helping before, but I reached another brick wall with my family tree, I have a marriage record for Walter Pearson & Edith Noble Dixon for 1903, I have found a child of theirs namely Joseph Pearson born 1904.

How can I find if they had any other children, I cannot check the 1901 census as they weren't married then.

Any suggestions
Thanks
Julie

Julie

Julie Report 4 Apr 2010 23:24

You could look to see if you can find them on the 1911

Julie

Julie Report 4 Apr 2010 23:28

The 1911 census is not on here is it ?

BarbaraFromYorkshire

BarbaraFromYorkshire Report 4 Apr 2010 23:56

Hi Julie
I have searched the 1911 census--but can't seem to find them on there !!
I know from the marriage index that they married in Wortley district --do you know if they stayed in that area

have you any idea of years Walter and Edith were Born ?

Julie

Julie Report 5 Apr 2010 00:05

Their son Joseph was born in ecclesfield in 1904, which is wortley district too, so i'm guessing they didn't move. I think I have found a birth record for Walter which is listed as York, I have requested his birth certificate but it hasn't arrived to check it's correct. I haven't found one for Edith yet, it states she's 28 on her marriage certificatein 1903, just looking for her birth record.

Thanks

Julie

Julie Report 5 Apr 2010 00:15

I have found a birth record for an edith noble dixon in oct/nov/dec 1874, bakewell district

Julie

Julie Report 5 Apr 2010 00:16

I believe bakewell comes under Derbyshire

BarbaraFromYorkshire

BarbaraFromYorkshire Report 5 Apr 2010 00:26

Yes I just found that one too

Births Dec 1874 (>99%)

Dixon Edith Noble
Bakewell 7b 711

Julie

Julie Report 5 Apr 2010 00:37

Thank you for looking anyway, i'll have to have a think x x

BarbaraFromYorkshire

BarbaraFromYorkshire Report 5 Apr 2010 00:40

Do you know if Joseph would have still have been alive in 1911 ?

I'm still looking on 1911

Barbara xx

Julie

Julie Report 5 Apr 2010 09:39

As far as i know he was still alive, i struggle finding death records, i jhaven't found date yet.