Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What happened to Annie?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gail

Gail Report 4 Aug 2010 00:24

Annie Beatrice Pearson was born to Eliza Pearson 1904 in Withyham Hartfield.

Eliza then went on to marry William Wheatley in 1909 East Grinstead and had 5 sons (William, George, Albert, Ernest, Charles)

I have them in 1911 census in Kent and I have information regarding marriages and deaths etc. of the sons....all in Kent....but I don't know what happened to Annie after 1911.

Please can anyone shed any light re: marriage, death etc. regarding Annie

Thanks

Gail

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 4 Aug 2010 04:06

It would be a good thing to get her birth certificate, if you don't have it, so you have her exact date of birth.

If she lived to after 1969 and the informant of her death knew her birthdate, it will be in her death record in the GRO index. The index can be searched by given name(s) + birthdate alone, so it might be possible to identify a likely death, which would provide a married surname to check out.

I might suspect that since Annie was very young when her mother married Wheatley, she used that surname throughout life / on marriage.

Remember that the chance of anyone who already knows something about Annie seeing your post is minimal, but there are lots of strangers reading who can help with searches!

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 4 Aug 2010 10:20

As Janey has said, if you get her birth certificate to see her exact date of birth then this may be a possibility - if she was known by her step father's surname.

Surname First name(s) District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Births Sep 1904 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pearson Annie Beatrice E. Grinstead 2b 132

Surname First name(s) Spouse District Vol Page

Marriages Sep 1932 (>99%)

Fry John W Wheatley Marylebone 1a 1685
Wheatley Annie B Fry Marylebone 1a 1685

Name: Annie Beatrice Fry
Birth Date: 15 Jul 1904
Death Registration Month/Year: 1975
Registration district: Horsham
Inferred County: West Sussex
Volume: 18
Page: 2120

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 4 Aug 2010 11:52

That's the marriage I was looking at, indeed -- but duh, I didn't go look for a death! Not like me at all. ;)

Good match, innit?