Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Living relatives in Scotland

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pamela

Pamela Report 23 Sep 2010 01:52

I am hoping to visit Scotland in 2011 and my dream is to find living relatives to visit there and find out all that I can about my family and heritage.

AmazingGrace08

AmazingGrace08 Report 23 Sep 2010 01:57

Hi Pamela...you might want to put in some names etc, the areas they lived in etc so people can see who you are related too...also for your security I'd reccomend you delete your email address as people can contact you via a private message if they need to.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 23 Sep 2010 03:07

This was probably posted on a surname board, so people looking at that board specifically will know at least what the surname was (not Whalen this time). The problem is that anyone looking at the general TTF board hasn't a clue. ;)

(Pam, you probably put a surname in the surname line, but it doesn't appear anywhere. Design flaw of the first water.)

I hope Pam looks for her replies ...

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 23 Sep 2010 03:51

The surname appears to be Pearson. Same thing posted on Chat.

I hope Pamela takes some advice and has a read of the general TTF board, and especially the post from management pinned at the top of it ...

Pamela

Pamela Report 24 Sep 2010 00:22

Many thanks to all of you. I was so excited to finally get my tree uploaded that I didn't take time to read any instructions. Just started trying things. I'll start there and then try again.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 25 Sep 2010 01:24

Actually, I'd suggest: delete this one since there's nothing in it. ;) And keep the new one. And Ann and Pamela, delete your non-subject-related ones from that one, so it's clean of bumph.

Pamela

Pamela Report 27 Sep 2010 03:26

Frank, thanks so much for all the helpful information. On my trip to Scotland I will have family with me that are not quite into geneology as I am, so not sure I'll get to spend much time doing research, but we'll see.

JaneyCanuck, please pardon my ignorance on this site, but I don't understand your directions below. What am I supposed to delete or keep? Someone said you had posted some helpful information on a Pearson thread I had started somewhere, but I cannot find where it is. Help?????

Pamela

Pamela Report 27 Sep 2010 03:32

Frank, I forgot to answer your last question. David Pearson was born in 1847 in Ferry Port on Craig, Fife. He came to the US in 1870 and from what I can determine, married Mary Whalen who was from Missouri, according the census records. The first child was born about 1874, so presumably they were married before this, but I don't know where. All the children were born in St. Louis, Missouri.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 27 Sep 2010 03:39

Pamela, never mind about deleting, the threads will just sink if left on their own now.

You have a thread about the Pearsons in the US and the baby on the postcard. I tried to find info on it.

All you have to do, to find your threads, is click "My threads" over on the left side and click each one to read replies.

If there are duplicate/unnecessary ones, you can always delete them by clicking Delete in the lower left of the opening post in the thread.

ANNAMARIE

ANNAMARIE Report 21 Apr 2011 15:21

Hi New to this and trying to trace my biological grandfather.He was born in Aberdeenshire in the 1930's .prob 1932 '33 time.His name is George Pearce but im unsure if surname is correct spelling as ive seen many variations..I'm led to believe he left my area and headed for Corby and I believe then had a Navy career.I managed to trace someone on here fitting this info but ive had no reply...Any help would be much appreciated.Thank you .AnnaMarie

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 21 Apr 2011 15:59

Annamarie, this is an old dead thread that probably is not related to your family.

Please click on Help Clinic in the upper left, and have a read of the instructions. Then you can start a thread of your own (if you haven't already), giving all the facts you have about your question, and other members will try to help.