Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thomas Pearson descendents

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pamela

Pamela Report 24 Sep 2010 23:56

My grandparents (who I never met) were named Robert (born 1882, St. Louis, Mo) and Mary (Haas) Pearson. Robert was a twin to Frank (who was a lineman and electrocuted), and other siblings were Thomas, David and Alice. Verbal family history says only Robert married and had children and other siblings all died young. Here's the catch. I have a postcard from my cousin addressed to Mrs. Robert Pearson dated Sept 23, 1916. It's a picture of a woman and a baby and it says Mrs. Thos. Pearson and Thomas Henry Pearson. Baby is 5 months old weights 18-1/2 pounds 30 inches long. Thomas died April 6, 1916 so if this is his wife and child, he didn't live to see them. I'm trying to see if she remarried, if the child lived, if there are any decendents who might still be living and be related.

Pamela

Pamela Report 24 Sep 2010 23:58

Not at all sure, but somewhere found the name Ethel for the wife.

Pamela

Pamela Report 25 Sep 2010 00:32

But this is a different Pearson. Doesn't it get confusing if they are all mixed together. Can you please tell me where my other posts are? I've been trying to follow on My threads, but apparently I started the Pearson requests somewhere else.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 25 Sep 2010 01:28

Hi Pamela -- query about the postcard. Is there a legible postmark (or even better, a return address)? Would Thomas Jr have been born in St Louis?

Robert and Thomas Sr's parents were from Scotland, if I'm following the story.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 25 Sep 2010 01:35

Okay ... someone here at GR has a Thomas Pearson born in 1916 in Chicago.

I had been looking in the 1910 US census, and saw:

Thomas Pearson born 1880 living in Cook County (that's Chicago) with wife Mary.

?

By tricking the search engine to disclose the secrets in the database (searching for Pearson in Cook County, Illinois, with parents Thomas and Mary), I see there is possibly a daughter Margaret born 1908.

If you change your subject line (the Edit link in the lower left of the first post) to something like

Pearson born c1882 Missouri US

it will be more likely to catch the eye of people with worldwide Ancestry access. I don't have, so I can't check the details of that census record, but it would be interesting to see.

edit - argh - I misread. Mary was the wife of Robert. Well, there's no Thomas married to Ethel in the 1910 US census. That could still be his wife's name, and they married after 1910, or are mistranscribed ...

There's no Thomas Pearson in 1920 with mother Ethel, born c1916. But if she remarried, they might both appear under the new husband's surname. There's no Thomas Pearson c1916 with mother Mary and no father in 1920, either.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 25 Sep 2010 01:52

The household in 1880 (free at Ancestry), so we have birthdates:

Name: Thomas Pearson
Home in 1880: Saint Louis, Saint Louis, Missouri
Estimated birth year: abt 1876
Birthplace: St Louis MO
Relation to Head of Household: Son
Father's Name: David Pearson
Father's birthplace: Scotland
Mother's Name: Mary Pearson
Mother's birthplace: Missouri

David Pearson 32
Mary Pearson 24
Thomas Pearson 4
Alice Pearson 2
David Pearson 5m
Alfred Pearson 27

In 1910 there are these

Thomas Pearson 1877
Julia Pearson 1886
Ethel 1905
Erma 1907
Edward 1909

New Madrid County, Missouri

Ethel? a daughter?

Ann o' GG ... you're really junking up the thread ...

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 27 Sep 2010 03:40

Pamela, this is the thread referred to in your other where I have just replied.

Pamela

Pamela Report 27 Sep 2010 03:49

Janey, Thanks for all the info. I have the 1880 census record. Alfred was a cousin. My grandfather, Robert, was not born yet. He and his twin were born in 1882. I did NOT, however, have the 1910 census you indicated. Per Thomas' death record, he was born in1874, but the informant (my grandfather) did not even know the month, so year could have been wrong as well. His death record says he was married. His father is David Pearson, which is correct, and the mother is Mary Wheeling (another version of the last name I am trying to find, Whalen, Whelling, Wheeling, Whelan), so I know it's the correct person. If Thomas Henry was not born until 1916 and the father Thomas, died in 1916, if the mother remarried, no telling what name to look under. The postcard I indicated earlier looks like it was never mailed. Just the info was written on it. It was taken by Lexow Studio on Franklin Avenue in St. Louis, Mo.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 27 Sep 2010 08:45

Phew....glad you found it Pamela. Cx.