Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

PEARSON (Richard c.1773) lived Gayles NRY

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

hartlepool1945

hartlepool1945 Report 25 Jan 2011 11:13

My Pearson family lived in Gayles (Kirkby Ravensworth) from at least 1793.
Richard was born about 1773 (extrapolated from marriage alone) and married Hannah (presumably Lund in 1791 in Sheriff Hutton).
What I cannot find is a reliable birth date or place for Richard that makes geographical sense.
After Richard and Hannah in Gayles, I have Matthew 1799 b. Gayles and his son Robert b.1843 in Gayles. So there was a fairly longterm attachment to Gayles before Robert moved on for work.
I have all the facts I need back to 1793 when Ann was born to Richard & Hannah - but can anyone help prior to that? AND, did either of them reach the 1841 census as cannot find them there (they'd have been nearly 70 presumably)?

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 25 Jan 2011 11:39

John Pearson

England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
birth: 08 Apr 1776 — SHERIFF HUTTON, YORK, ENGLAND
residence: York, England
parents: John Pearson

record title: England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
name: John Pearson
birth date: 08 Apr 1776
birthplace: SHERIFF HUTTON,YORK,ENGLAND
father's name: John Pearson
indexing project (batch) number: C10555-2
system origin: England-ODM
source film number: 918428

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 25 Jan 2011 11:45

Hanah Lund

England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
residence: York, England
parents: John Lund

record title: England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
name: Hanah Lund
baptism/christening date: 02 Oct 1774
baptism/christening place: SHERIFF HUTTON,YORK,ENGLAND
father's name: John Lund
indexing project (batch) number: C10555-2
system origin: England-ODM
source film number:

hartlepool1945

hartlepool1945 Report 25 Jan 2011 20:23

Thanks Anne: I've got Hannah's birth, but believe John to be from wrong family branch...........................I seem to think John was still in Sheriff Hutton in 1841.

Richard

Richard Report 27 Feb 2011 16:19

Hi - I'm a direct descendant of Richard Pearson who married Hannah Lund in Sheriff Hutton on 17 March 1790. According to the parish records of the nearby village of Bulmer, Richard came from the neighbouring village of Foston. I'm a descendant through their son Jonathan, his son Richard, his son Arthur, his son Carlton, his daughter Sylvia (my mother). My maternal and paternal families are both Pearson.

You can email me at [email protected]

best
Richard Pearson

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 27 Feb 2011 16:52

first of all Richard you shoulld remove your email - not allowed by GR

then, as it's a while since the poster was one here suggest you cick on her name to try to get a message to her via GR