Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Betty Morgan

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

bettyboope

bettyboope Report 31 Oct 2006 10:35

Betty Morgan 01/11/06 Looking for information on my grand parents, Alfred Pearson or Person, born in Sweden c 1872, also Edith Annie Parkins of Auckland, NZ, they married 1897 then lived in Coromandel. Alfred was a carpenter. They had a son Eric Eward Parkin Pearson or Person b c 1916. Another Son Alfred Leslie, 2 daughters Muriel and Alma. I would like any information about them and further back. Thanks Betty

Eric

Eric Report 2 Mar 2008 15:30

Hi Betty

I have just started researching my Family Tree and have a Pearson connection in it.
My granddad – John Samuel Pearson was of Swedish descent.
However, I have not been able to find a record of his birth (about 1896) nor of his father – John Edward Pearson (born approx. 1870) in the UK.
It’s quite probable, therefore, that they were both born in Sweden.

From an elderly surviving Pearson member of my family, I am told that the family name was Pierson but was changed to Pearson when they settled in the UK. There is even an old bible that was passed down to my granddad – it’s all in Swedish with the name “Pierson” inside the front cover.

There are other Pearson/Pierson relatives which I am aware of but are yet to add to my family tree. They are:
Edward Aaron Pearson – died in World War 2 aged 38 in 1940 (his parents were John Aaron Pearson & Ellen Elizabeth Pearson).

My reason for contacting you is not to check whether there is an ancestor connection at this stage but merely to ask you what you need to do to find birth records of someone born in Sweden.
Any information you are able to provide would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation and best of luck in your future researches.

Eric

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 18 Nov 2010 16:33

old posting - click on poster's name to try and make contact via GR

why not start a posting of your owm Eric

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 18 Nov 2010 16:33

old posting - click on poster's name to try and make contact via GR

why not start a posting of your owm Eric

chck this free site for Swedish BMD

http://www.ancestorhunt.com/mormon_church_records.htm